FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:37 am
ChrL

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
I reached EXP for the first time in December:
YTD Elite Qualifying Points 96,936
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 100,512
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 62

Last weekend I had my first experience flying as an EXP. Some of it was awesome, some disappointing.
* Flagship lounge in LHR doesn't seem to have a dedicated staff (there is a desk but it was unmanned). The normal staff in the AC next door are friendly but have messed up upgrades for me in the past so I was disappointed that the FL didn't have its own staff.

* My connecting flight from DFW was delayed. I called the EXP desk and pressed the option for a callback. I went to the bag recheck area and asked whether I could go on a different flight. The bag recheck staff at DFW said it was full, but put me on the standby list. The AC staff in terminal D also said it was full and I may not be able to travel in F (was traveling on a miles+copay upgrade). The EXP desk called back just after I finished my shower in the D AC said they could confirm me on that flight right away and offered me any one of 6 available seats in F ... Awesome.