View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 14, 6:15 pm
oc2005

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
Seems a bit hit and miss as I just booked an extended Christmas Break stay in Orlando. All Orlando hotels showed availability. So perhaps its the algorithms.

Did you guys try to book say a three week stay. Once confirmed, I would call in HGP, pare back the reservation to the dates desired. Often on extended stays, there are great rates. So I would ask HGP to call the hotel and ask permission to keep rates booked.
I've tried everything I can think of for booking Andaz Maui over that time period -- longer length reservations (including weeks or months), shorter length, online booking, third party sites, calling the diamond line (probably over 10 times now), calling the hotel directly, having the diamond line call the hotel and work on my behalf, trying with paid nights, trying with award nights, etc. and nothing has worked. They all say the same thing - those nights just have not been released yet.

I've booked as many nights as they would let me book so far before the blackout period, but I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and use the higher point level if I want to use points for the rest of my stay. I did notice that a couple of the nights I was able to book several weeks back are no longer available anymore either. So not only have they not released rooms for that time period, they seem to have unreleased rooms from some nights that were previously available!