FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:53 pm
pdx1M

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by syrahnose
very measured comments here. I can't help but think any smart company would be sifting through this forum as a free means to survey audience response to their product. Comparing this against scientifically surveyed views of the silent majority out there would suggest precisely where the company needed to fix things and where it was working properly.

Surely, the stockholders in United are lurking here to get a 'no holds barred' look at how well United is doing in its customer base's eyes. And how well the CEO is actually running the company. As a stockholder, I certainly would be.
Thanks. Sadly I don't think UA is listening to these types of input. I tried saying pretty much the same thing to them through various 1-1 channels including UA Insider over the past couple of years as I saw my own purchase patterns start to change. I got either "tough" or simply silence. Not even the courtesy of a response in the case of UAI. You would think that someone who spent 100's of thousands of dollars over years of being a GS and who now consciously books away from UA unless I have some special deal or there is simply no alternative would be worth having a chat with to at least understand why the change. However, I have seen this type of behavior before and it comes of a culture so convinced it is right about something that it cannot allow itself to take inputs that might contradict their own views. When I have seen it in other business settings (and even been a part of it myself I am sorry to admit) it NEVER has come out well. Reality is a harsh teacher to those who put their fingers in their ears and chant na-na-na. Unfortunately for us (and for UA actually) reality is also a very slow teacher and these types of behaviors have to persist until real damage is done before folks like boards and stockholders wake up to them. So unlike others here I don't really have any hope of regime change at UA anytime soon because cultures that get this insular also develop amazing defenses and staying power.