FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] The Hilton Honors® Surpass(SM) Card from American Express
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:36 am
User Name

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Late payment - no Diamond yet - should I worry?

I stupidly forgot to pay the $63 statement that closed on Dec 2 until a week after it was due. After paying, a quick live chat with AMEX saw my late fee refunded (first ever late payment for any card).

During December I'd realized that I was just a few thousand short of the $40K for Diamond, so I did a final push which took me there before the month ended.

Now my next statement has closed on Jan 2, but no points have been transferred to HHonors and my status remains Gold.

I called AMEX, and they explained that I'd normally have forfeited the points earned in December, but as a goodwill gesture she has initiated a manual 'push' of the points.

She also assured me that the spend in December that would have contributed to the Diamond status would not have been invalidated due to the late payments, but she also said that I should wait 12 weeks for the status to update.

This sounds a bit too long to me - I'm sure I've read on FT that it normally just takes a day or two after the statement has closed.

I have an 8 day stay in London starting at the end of January and I'd really like my Diamond status to have started by then. Should I just sit tight, or does anyone think I should have anything to be concerned about (in view of the late payment).

Thanks in advance.