FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Opinion Requested: Bloggers
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:13 am
kobuse

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, EK Gold
Interesting question - I'm wondering about it at the moment as I'm writing my first TR (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...im-sa-j-y.html). I always understood this thread to be mostly about the flight (and sometimes hotel) experiences. Perhaps my viewing has been selective.

I would, however like to see more details about trips as well. I'm not sure if a forum is the best place for that though - threads may get very long. You probably want some kind of post + comments format for that?

On the other hand I also use the forums extensively before booking a flight or hotel by searching for the name here. I find myself agreeing with FT evaluations much more often than those on TripAdvisor For that reason I wouldn't mind more hotel and Y reviews. (And outside of this community few people care about the exact type of amenity kits on offer.)

If there is a way to get high quality TRIP reports, it would be fascinating to read what other FTs do at a location - specifically since most are veteran travellers and would have much better insight that the "Top Ten Things to do in" lists online can provide.

For my current thread I was thinking of posting detail on the flight/hotel bits on FT, with a summary of the trip part linking to a page hosted elsewhere. But let's see where this thread goes...