FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Suite availability is scarce at GHK and its in the Garden Suite category. The property does often try and upgrade its Diamond members at check-in to the deluxe ocean categories, even in the case of sell outs.
Huh?

I don't see any mention of GHK from this member, only "A GH". I didn't see a recent post from him/her, either.

Originally Posted by doss1
I'm trying to pull out all the stops to impress my girlfriend this year and want to get us a nice room at a Grand Hyatt in April. I'm going to start the Diamond Trial around that time and I understand that you get 4 free suite upgrades. How exactly does that work? Is it an email certificate that you get the day your Trial is initiated? If I start the Trial a few days before my trip, will that be enough time to get the Suite upgrade perk? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
In general, suite upgrades vary greatly depending on the property. Some have availability all the time, others seem almost never to be available. You might look for suite availability on the dates you want, as this will give you some indication.