FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First experience as 1K (during IROPS) not ideal
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:15 am
thepla
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
yes, Delta will call you and if memory serves me correctly PMUA called me a couple of times as well in similar cases. The new UA won't call and the auto-rebooking feature is known to be terribly broken.
That being said my experiences when calling in such situations has been very good recently (not so much in the beginning) where agents were very willing and able to get me onto flights sa long as there was at least Y1 or F1 available. Don't think UA will do anything is a Y0F0 situation and while I have heard stories that DL is able to do this, I can tell from my experience that it is extremely rare.
I will say it has been 10 years since EXP so I am not sure how they handle. I know I was pretty good friends with a woman that works for AA and part of her job is to call EXP when IRROPS occur.

In my case it is almost like I am being bumped, due to my work, from a sold out flight to get me where I was supposed to be in a timely manner. UA did nothing to help me in this case. I know it is all being done by computer but any human would know that I would be needed in Atlanta for business. Not like fare was $75 and looking for miles.