FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:07 pm
ichiroll

Presidential Plus Card and FPQMs

Hi all,

Been a PP card member for a while now and overall have been happy with it. With the devaluation of being only able to use FPQMs only to premier, and now no longer qualifying for Global Premier Upgrades, the perks for the card has deteriorated significantly.

I have way too many FPQMs to burn, and nothing to use them for. Is there any other use for them, perhaps a family member, etc? I'm obviously still earning miles for my business purchases, but I guess I'm curious whether anybody in similar shoes as me has jumped ship to another credit card?

I guess I'm just trying to make the best of what's out there. At the end of the day, the overall decent availability of reward tickets for me in and out of Newark has me sticking with United, but I'm more and more open to driving to JFK or PHL. For the most part, I travel to NRT, PVG, and HKG internationally, and LAX, LAS domestically.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!