FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:20 am
Jay00848

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
8 day stay

We are getting ready to depart after 8 days on our way back to Chicago (not looking forward to the cold)

The hotel has a great layout and the food was great. As a diamond we were not upgraded( but they were sold out during check in).

The service has not been the high level I expected some of it might be training. When I called prior to our stay I was told we could do room service instead of breakfast but when we checked in they said no. We were told at check in we needed to make breakfast reservations for the week, so we go to our room come up with our times and call back, the lady says that they are not doing reservations for breakfast anymore ( wow things change in an hour). Go down the next morning at 9 am, hostess ask do we have a reservation...umm no... She says it will be 30-40 minute wait. During breakfast we have tried to get some custom drinks made, 2 out of the 6 days the drinks took almost 30 mins to be made, they need a second worker on the bar with a second juicer/ blender. Asked to mail a package one guy said they only mail letters, but I could stop back later and get a box, come back later and the women gives me a box says we can ship that for you. The staff cleaning the room has been very poor, I had to leave a note to get them to sweep the floors, we had a table that had water spilled on it and for 3 days they never dried it up, we were leaving it to see if they would do anything, finally I cleaned it up. So the advice I can provide is ask another person if you don't like the first answer