Old Jan 3, 14, 10:55 am
BaltimoreZ71

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
For the first time in over a decade, I will have no status on UA in 2014. I still have a balance of miles, and will keep my Chase United card until I burn through the miles (to keep the balance active.) I started out as a Premiere Executive for a few years and then was 1K for six years in a row.

1) What did you like most about fkaUA or fkaCO?

I used to like the route network, especially being able to fly IAD to FRA nonstop. I also used to fly BWI to LAX or SFO two to three times per month.

2) What changes have had the greatest negative impact on you?

The cuts in service from BWI - I live north of BWI so getting to IAD is a pain. BWI now is mostly stopovers coast-to-coase. I also am not fond of Business First. When I fly first, I am old-fashioned, and I want a real first class product. I also thought about dropping back to 1P but the spend on upgrades and the reduced mileage earn just made me decide not to do that.

3) What remains about the current UA that makes it hard for you to leave?

Nothing - I stopped revenue flying on UA in 2013.

4) What airlines are you considering switching to? Or kayaking?

I mostly fly WN now for domestic for convenience. If I have to have a stopover, the choice of airlines does not matter as much now. I fly LH for IAD to FRA when I need to. I also flew Condor BWI to FRA, but that was a seasonal run and is sort of the "Southwest of the Atlantic Route".

5) What benefits / improvements do you expect on your new airline?

I have come to expect that I should not expect much in the way of benefits or improvements, but at least with WN when I fly for work it is business select. That basically means that I earn award travel faster (more points per booking.)

6) What aspects of the new airline make it hard for you to switch to them?

I would like to have a real first product domestically, but after I arrive at my destination I quickly forget about that.