FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA in BizFirst
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:49 pm
valor155

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Sorry, but I work with the public and I don't care what is going on in my life; stress, tired, etc., I have NO right to take it out on the customer. The FA was wrong, wrong, wrong.
+1 for this part. ZERO excuse. If you are having a bad day, fine. Take it out on someone mistakenly, okay, we are all human . . . then apologize later. Didn't sound to me like this FA offered an apology or anything.

I hate it when FAs seem to be annoyed by a request. Customers are the reason for your job. If it is unreasonable or mistimed, okay, just deny the request and explain. Customer gets mad . . . then that's on the customer.

What we don't get here and have to take the OP's word on is how his wife and he responded or treated the FA before this. We have to take the high road and assume they weren't rude, demanding, or DYKWIA types.

We also had an FA who was a bully in US Envoy. Denied my wife coffee and a meal at one point, etc. I'll spare the details, but it happened.

You have to write the employer, and be level-headed about it. Don't make it personal, make threats, etc. Just say you expect to be treated fairly and courteously at all times. That's all you are asking for.