FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA in BizFirst
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:32 am
Mats

This happens, unfortunately. And it's not unique to United. There are so many possibilities: lack of sleep, personal or family crisis, rapid change in schedule, etc. I'm not excusing her behavior, but I know that I would probably have to learn a whole new world of coping skills to work as a flight attendant.

Toward the end of the month, it might have been someone picking up a trip out of "open time," and thus a crew member unaccustomed to the route or plane.

Although most crews on sCO Transatlantic flights are "NTL" and "NTA," there are sometimes reserve crews who get these trips. They often seem flustered by the complexities of a long overseas flight, especially in business class.

If you do write a letter, she will probably get "called in," and the contract says that the letter stays in her file for a year. If you are GS, the consequences are much more grave (not fair, if you ask me.)

As I see it, it's a really tough job, but a LOT of people want to be flight attendants. So if you're burned out, don't enjoy it, or lack the coping skills, it's time to move on.

I'm actually okay if a crew member gets stressed or snaps for a minute, as long as he or she apologizes later. I expect crews to be human. But this woman needs a reminder from her supervisor about how to work through stressful flights with grace.