FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:48 pm
jchock1

Originally Posted by intheairagain
Just curious if this is the norm, I know getting Business Class to Sydney using miles is tough but I have been calling the Chairmans Desk every few days for several months now and have not been able to get anything! Would like to go from BDL but could do JFK, LGA, PHL and have any layover leave Feb 17-19 any day return July 1-3 any day. Just seems impossible am I doing something wrong! Also feel like the agents are so bothered checking but I cant check myself. Just curious if any one had any idea's? Thanks!
Try using http://beta.awardtravelr.com/, and check flights through ICN. Check JFK-ICN, then ICN-SYD separately.

I just checked your outbound dates, and JFK-SFO-ICN-SYD was available for at least one of your Feb dates in business.

TG usually has decent availability through Europe. Something like SYD-BKK-FRA/CDG/LHR-JFK might be a possibility (CDG and FRA have the 380), PEK might be an option, too. SYD-PEK-IAH was available (9hr layover in PEK) on July 3rd for 2 in business when I checked. The more flexible you can be the more options you'll have. So it can be done, just not ideal.