FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Backpack or Travel Pack Recommendations?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:50 pm
ITCFlyer

If you're into light travel then the REI Overnighter Pack is a good option (tho no longer available online, but you may be able to find a store that has one, and get it shipped via a forwarding service), or for something a bit bigger, the LL Bean Quickload Travel Pack. Another good option is the Osprey Farpoint 40 (it's suspension system is more like a real backpack)

Originally Posted by scotchmeup
I have carried it on Air Canada as well as LH,LX, MS, TK and will be doing the same on BR, SQ and UA in a few months.
I'm curious as to how you kept it under the weight limit on LH? BR and SQ has an even lower weight limit than LH.

I know my 34 litre carry on (a 2 lbs REI Overnighter Pack) when packed normally weighs in at almost 15 lbs, so I'm wondering how you are able to pack using a 7 lbs bag for LH / BR / SQ and still stay under the weight limit?

Originally Posted by scotchmeup
There is also a review here from others that used it for an 8 month trip: http://artydubs.com/2013/08/27/ospre...-and-counting/
This review says that the Meridian 22 could not be used as carry on for most airlines in SE Asia (due to both dimensions and weight), and that they checked it in on most flights (using the removable daypack as their carryon), but did manage to sneak it onboard on ONE flight only out of their entire trip.

Last edited by ITCFlyer; Dec 31, 2013 at 12:13 am