FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:03 am
gckja

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by davetravels
This reminds me of something I saw a couple of weeks ago that I've never seen before . . . .

I was flying WN MDW/PIT - -

. . . . I saw a family of 3 putting black covers on each of their seats! They were two-piece sets - one for the seat bottom and one for the seat back! - - So, it was a 6 piece setup for the 3 of them.

I kind of didn't think much about it, til we were getting off the plane, and I was surprised to see that they left the seat covers on the seats! I guess they're disposable! They kind of reminded me of a woman's shower cap - with the elastic bunched up around the edges to allow for different size seats.

I even pointed them out to the FA and she said that she NEVER saw anything like them in 19 years of flying!

Seems a little over the top for a 55 minute flight.
My friend does this because her child has a severe peanut allergy. When they allow her to do so, she pre-boards the plane to wipe all surfaces with an anti-bacterial wipe and then covers their seats with old sheets.
Upon landing, she removes the sheets and throws them away.
They've never had any issues with other passengers or, thankfully, a bad allergic reaction.