FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA cancels flight with my T class seats - now what?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:50 pm
vasantn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by WendyMouse
Merry Christmas! AA has rebooked my T class Economy Off Peak Miles Saaver DEN-ORD-DUB/DUB-ORD-DEN to something completely ridiculous. Aside from not particularly wanting to do a JFK-LGA hop on the return trip, the DEN-ORD and ORD-JFK/LGA legs take place at the same time!

I've received a free international rebooking before when AA dropped my route, but do my rights change because it's a T ticket with SAAver? How much leeway in terms of dates and routes can I get? Do I have to pick another ticket in the saaver class on the same dates or can I move them one day? Can I make them give me an option that is only available for purchase without miles?

I am GLD right now, but did not make it this year, so I won't be when I fly this ticket.
Your rights do not change based on the booking class or your status. But with a schedule change your options are limited to negotiating alternative arrangements with AA or getting a full refund of your miles without penalty. Of course higher status pax are likely to get more consideration and flexibility, but the rules are the same for all.