FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Orleans restaurants -- recent reviews and recommendations?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:21 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Wow, thanks so much y'all! For entertainment, I think we're going to check out Preservation Hall. The only all-ages show on Saturday was some karaoke thing, so we decided to pass on it, and will try to get standing-room tickets at PH.

For dining, we're looking at either Cochon or Butcher one of the nights. I'm guessing the difference is that Butcher is mostly sandwiches? Also, I'm looking at Bennachin for another evening. Have any of you been there or heard about it? It got 3 fleurs on nomenu.com, and I really would like to take my family there. It sounds like they have a good selection of authentic Creole food, and I lived in West Africa for several years and I think it would be a treat to introduce my family to authentic cuisine from Africa, as well as the Creole food that was inspired from the region as well.
We'll probably find a good po' boy shop for lunch, and look for a nearby cafe for breakfast. Thanks again for your help. That map was especially nice, it outlines the districts and public transportation very clearly.