FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL DM flyers with lifetime SkyClub membership
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:27 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Lane412000
No, it was a NWA WorldClub lifetime membership that Delta agreed to honor when the merger took place.

Now, a scary thing with the SkyClub lifetime membership. There is an expiration date. The scary thing is that Delta has determined when a SkyClub lifetime holder's date of death will be.....lol. A rep at a SkyClub informed me of my expiration date, which is like November 12, 2053 or some date like that. If effected me for two days trying to forget about it....laughing
Just a point of clarification - DL didn't "agree" to anything, once companies merge all obligations are assumed by the surviving entity...DL HAD to honor lifetime memberships (the way airlines have been able to avoid this in the past is through bankruptcy...but that wasn't an option here)

As to the expiration date...that's about when my card is listed to expire but I have some cards that don't list an expiration date and some that do....figure I'll figure it out in 40 years