FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:34 pm
relangford

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
This year, I am EXP on AA, but, next year, I'll only be Platinum (around 60k miles) due to travel restrictions at work. There is no incentive for me to do any more travel on AA after 50k since 100k is out of reach, and the bonus at 75k doesn't relate to a "real level". I do agree with an earlier post that this might be a good time for AA to become creative among the airlines by having a four-tier program at 30k, 60k, 90k, and 120k. For all except for VERY FFers, these would be a natural progression and in line with modern travel. I don't know if oneworld would have a problem with those level since they differ from many of the partner airlines. Also, recall that AA had set Gold at 25k and Platinum at 50k in the early years because they didn't think many people would fly more than that.