FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:48 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thank you Iowa Santa!

I can't believe that there's another box from my Iowa Santa who sent the lovely chocolate gift basket and $25 Amazon GC. There was another homemade card with a photo of not only one but two cute pups in their Christmas sweaters by a Christmas tree. And it's nesting boxes again! Fun!

The card has instructed that there are things for my dog in the smaller box. So they got opened immediately to distract her from licking the exterior of the packages of bacon and porkchops from my TX Secret Santa. Inside were 2 packets of soft treats that are favourites of the 2 too-cute pups on the card and a little floppy fox toy with a ball stuffed-head. My dog's eyes lit up and she immediately took it and tried to whack it to death as much as her sore neck would allow her. With the weight on one end and the flopsy body, it has a very high FQ (Floppability Quotient) ^ that makes it seem that the prey is fighting back. She has made it bonk her in the head repeatedly with each shake of her head She has received a smorgasbord of treats, all new to her, from Secret Santas this year and they will be carefully rationed over the next few months I will report back on how each treat goes.

In the larger box inside the shipping box, was a bottle of Backpocket Brewery's Slingshot Dunkel , a bottle of Cedar Ridge Harvest Blush, Kerry Gold cheddar and a box of Hickory farms crackers. Both the beer and the wine are from Iowan brewery and winery and have been added to my must-visit list.

Thank you Iowa Santa!

Last edited by tcl; Dec 23, 2013 at 2:57 pm Reason: typo