FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win returns - Spring 2014
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:11 am
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrism20
If you check Raffles' website (http://www.headforpoints.com) there was a link for 40,000 points when signing up to the black card, I'm not sure if it is still working though.

As for the £99 I'm not sure if it works pro-rata, you would need to check the small print for that one. I'd also imagine that you would need to keep the card until the points posted through on IHG and the Big Win site, recently it has been taking about four weeks for points to post from statement to IHG although if you search back this forum it's not too long ago it was taking up to three months for the points to transfer across.
It's still working in that it let me apply OK - if I don't get the 40k I've made sure I've taken screen shots and printouts of the page and will be challenging them on that front! Agree it's poor that they've made applying for and getting a CC a core component of Big Win - some folk have been let off (only needing 6/7 complete to still get the Big Win), but for the rest of us a full sweep is needed. Mind you if it works then I'll probably not go for the full Big Win and just take the 20k + 40k sign-up bonus. The £99 fee isn't pro-rated, although if you can get £10k spend onto the card in a year you'll get a free night certificate which helps a bit.