FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win returns - Spring 2014
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:54 am
chrism20

Originally Posted by mowake

However you get 30,000 for your first purchase on the credit card, and I would get 87,000 points for completing that aspect of the challenge so if I applied make the purchase that's 117,000 points which I thought made it worth it until I seen the credit card had a £99 annual charge!!!!!! does anybody know if I applied make my purchase then cancelled within a month how much of the £99 I would owe? would It be pro rata?

thanks
If you check Raffles' website (http://www.headforpoints.com) there was a link for 40,000 points when signing up to the black card, I'm not sure if it is still working though.

As for the £99 I'm not sure if it works pro-rata, you would need to check the small print for that one. I'd also imagine that you would need to keep the card until the points posted through on IHG and the Big Win site, recently it has been taking about four weeks for points to post from statement to IHG although if you search back this forum it's not too long ago it was taking up to three months for the points to transfer across.