FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 4:14 am
Deltahater

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Essentially, the airline questions the good faith of purchasers it regards as opportunists taking commercial advantage of what they knew to be mistake fares. It adduces the need, post purchase of the RGN Canada ticket, for arrangements to be made to get to Burma as evidence of a lack of "good faith" motives for buying its tickets.

I'm aware there exists in the US legislation set up specifically to protect any purchaser of a ticket of this kind. But similar laws do not exist in all other jurisdictions: there the existence of a contract, and the manner in which the contract is established, is of the essence.

This is where establishing good faith in the conduct of BOTH parties is important.
Since when is intend or reason relevant for buying an airline ticket? Whether I buy a ticket because I have a business meeting, see my old girlfriend, want to escape the bad weather, fly for miles (mileage run) or fly to enjoy a low fare, the airline is required to honor my ticket. Even if I want to fly to Miami to buy drugs (clearly an illegal activity upon arrival), the airline can't cancel my ticket.

The whole intend and good faith argument is just idiotic.