FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP Run to LBA - have to re-clear security?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 4:42 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I hesitate to wander into KARFA's cabbage patch, but the only thing I'd add is that though the signs are not very clear, you do have to walk through duty free to get to the gate, there's a sharp left turn after security. You may even have a few minutes to experience the Yorkshire Lounge!
Haha, c-w-s I was leaving the departure lounge experience as a surprise for BA-Flyer. That's the old LBA when as soon as you came out of security you were dumped straight in to a duty free shop - it has all changed now! LBA departures area was refurbished last year.

Actually it is a sharp right now, immediately up the escalator and then a walk along and turn left just before the burger king/camden food bit, then through the duty free shop. They have deliberatly designed the terminal to provide the longest possible walk between security and the gate! Yorkshire Premier Lounge is on the right after the duty free shop.

BA usually uses one of the jetbridges (we have 2 you know ) and in my experience is usually gate 7.