FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:01 pm
wto605

Bullseye!!

So as promised I picked up the package on my way out the door to the airport. Of course I was running late, so I had to take the whole Amazon box in the car with me and resist the urge to open it while driving.

Once safely parked I tore in to the box:

The notes alone were already exciting... of all the (rambling and unspecific) suggestions my two favorite topics were picked!

At this point I will admit I was a bit bummed to have what little mystery is left taken away... (Amazon gives the purchaser's full name on the gift packing list) but two unwrapped presents can distract me from just about anything .

So off I go, tearing into larger "beer nerd" gift, to find The Complete Beer Course - Boot Camp for Beer Geeks. This will be perfect, I flipped through a few pages (before hopping on the wifi to post this) and it looks like an awesome book.
Next was the little "Android Nerd" gift, I actually exclaimed out loud when I saw it... A CHROMECAST!! Ever since it was announced (and I missed the netflix deal that essentially made it free) I've been debating getting one for myself, even if I don't end up using it I want to play with it. Now I just have to resist the urge to walk up to the TV blaring CNN in the terminal and start messing with it .

So in closing huge thanks (and massive props on the perfect gifts) to AMRivlin.

p.s. if someone would like to add this newbie to the wiki I'd appreciate it.