FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid SIM - UK/Great Britain/England/Scotland/Wales
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:44 pm
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Toggle mobile report

Like jsmeeker I used a toggle sim, but in the Netherlands, germany, austria, slovakia, hungary, and London. I had a local number for Netherlands and germany, and obviously London. I also got a US number. I could not pay for the sim on line so they sent me one. Topped up with 30, got my local numbers before we left, and put it in my phones. As I was testing, i had my old galaxy nexus, and a BLU dash 4.5 dual sim. The BLU worked great in the first slot, not so much on the nexus. I am not sure why. It registered after about 5 minutes at LHR and i checked emails. It very often would lose the APN so be sure to write it down or memorize it, as I had to put the APN 5 or 6 times on the trip. (google keep is your friend). After I put in the APN again in Amsterdam it worked fine for data and voice. Data speed ok for google maps. Germany was a bit of a problem as it didn't want to connect but after rebooting the phone and putting the APN in again it worked fine. It roamed nicely in Austria, Bratislava, and Budapest. Back in London I did not have too much trouble with data, as was mentioned upthread. Overall it worked ok for us and I plan to keep the sim alive for our trip to france in a few months.

Last edited by boerne; Jan 1, 2014 at 3:28 pm Reason: spelling