FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brazil World Cup 2014
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:43 am
Meitheisman

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
You could also take a bus in Brasil.
Onilinhas
The travel time is >2 days, though for a savings of approximately USD 40, it could be worth it.
Edited: If you want to meet up, I am there for the next 2 weeks.
Thanks. Feel free to give me a ring while you're in Hong Kong, my # is 6494-7100.

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
That seems a reasonable fare, both the international and the domestic as well, for one way during this time period and for that distance.
(Did I miss the part about what you intend to do for a return flight?)
However, it does bring up the "backpacker problem" (flying into Brazil, leaving Brazil by bus to explore more of the continent) in which the airline will not let someone with a one way ticket board, for fear the passport control people in Brazil will not let the person enter the country without proof that they will leave, and the airline will then be responsible for returning the passenger to the point of departure at the airline's expense. (A bus ticket usually is not accepted; only a booked flight.)
I haven't decided yet. Worst case scenario I'll buy a one-way ticket between Rio and Montevideo at a random date that I'll never use. It's what I did when I moved to Buenos Aires with a one-way ticket a few years ago and it cost me something like USD 50 so no big deal really.