FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:03 pm
NYCtraveler

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
I think we are all scr*wed

There is so much happening at AA that I am sure there is a huge devaluation coming. Both Delta and United have now devalued their programs charging more for less or charging MUCH more for using partner airlines in *Alliance. Up to 85% more in some J or F cases.

Cathay pacific now charges their own Asia Miles members 220,000 Asia miles for a First class North America HKG ticket.....AA charges us 135,000 AAdvantage miles. These will be rectified and soon. Also note that Cathay Pacific has filed suit in HKG to block Qantas partnering with Low Cost Carrier Hong Kong Airways to form a discount airline...They are not talking...Add in that Qantas now partners with Emirates (non one world) on their international flights and dropped BA.....there is much not right currently in the One World..and Angry carriers who are not partnering. I think AA announcing their first DFW- HKG flight may be the pre-cursor to Cathay leaving the One World....Which would be terrible for AA customers who go to Asia as JAL and Malaysian are far below where Cathay is on so many levels.

IMHO I would use your miles as soon as you can and book your trips.....I think AA will initiate the one world changes similar to Star Alliance, probably this March.....Then worry about merging US airways into the AAdvantage program later in the year. It is going to be a Very interesting year for American Airlines and her passengers. I am battening down my hatches and holding as many points as I can in other programs....The shoe will soon drop and loyalty will mean little.

I am an 8 Million mile member, most of it AIS miles not credit cards....ooh mine eyes have seen this before in the 80's 90's and 2000's......Change in the air. You have been warned.

Safe travels to all!