FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How strict/ relaxed are Southwest about Size & Weight of Checked & Carry-On Baggage?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:52 am
xmlsoa

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
If you some some stuff that is small and very dense, USPS flat rate boxes are available in several sizes. The large one is $18 to anywhere and you can put up to 70 lbs in it.
Originally Posted by Often1
Fedex Ground is dirt cheap, takes 2 days on that route and will avoid a ridiculous amount of stress and aggravation.

As others note, curbside check with hefty tip (remember it's the holidays too) is the only route.

No way of telling whether your bathroom scale is accurate. If you are 3-4 pounds over and the scale is 3-4 pounds off, that's 8 pounds and that's not going to slide at the curb either.
I do not have enough "stuff" to warrant a separate package. I would gladly do so and take an extra bag but that is not the case here. Moved some of the denser / heavier items to the Carry On.

I am not planning to be 3-4 lbs over. I just got done 90% packed (12:30 am PT) and as per my scale will target 49/50 lb mark.

My concerns:
- Inaccuracy or error factor brought in by my bathroom scale
- Inaccuracy or "over weighing" by Southwest scales? (If at all that happens??)
- 1/2 lbs max slide over

PS: Had bought EB Check-in and just did the online Check-in / Boarding pass:
Boarding: A-40 - Is this normal for EB on this route?