View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 13, 4:46 pm
Capricorn70

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by mkjr View Post
ah...CX's J lounges in HKG. second to few.

just wish they had some char sui bolo bao in the lounges...my daughter loves those...they can be hard to find.

wonton min is soo good on CX. they do not skimp on the shrimp. i have found i usually miss out on the special noodles but always happy with the wonton min.

must be the unusual chop over the great lakes. find it always can be bad.

nice TR. very orderly in HKG on boarding. must be mostly canadians...
Thanks - there weren't any roast pork buns in the different lounges I visited on this trip, but the variety of dimsum I saw was nice and varied.

The wonton noodles on board were actually something I'd made a point of trying, from having seen various TR's of them, and I'm very happy to say I wasn't disappointed.

The lines at gate 3 were very well organised indeed, although I didn't really see how it all pan out, since I got on board early.

The chops started soon after take-off, so it'd be off the coast of Japan and in the north Atlantic, which wouldn't be unusual this time of year either. Still annoyed that I missed my pie

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs View Post
FWIW, this (International Commerce Centre) is the tallest building in Hong Kong, period.
Thanks - it's a shame I didn't get more night-time pix of the building and its pretty lights besides these:

Taken from a restaurant's patio in Causeway Bay on the island side.

Last edited by Capricorn70; Dec 18, 13 at 5:35 am