View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 13, 11:13 am
Capricorn70

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
The Bridge and more of its charms

The chair looking out on to the tarmac was comfy, and the view panoramic. The little ottoman was a nice touch too:

As I settled in, Malhoumbeau took one sip of the cocktail, and declared it unacceptable: lots of pineapple and whatever else fruity was in it, but nary any booze! I was summarily sent back to the bar for reinforcement:

Gin on the rocks. In went the gin to the cocktail, along with the twist, and this was the result:

A happy Mighty Moose who didn’t care it was only Gordon’s, which was no big shakes when mixed in such a concoction anyhow.

As it was T-45min, I thought I should go take a look at the other sections of the lounge. As I was leaving this side of it, I looked back and took one more shot:

When you turn left at the reception desk this is what you’ll see:

Pretty good use of a space that’s elongated, and I gathered this would be the ‘business end’ of the lounge. The showers are also on this side of the set up:

All in all it was a nicely laid-out space, with a good spread of food and drinks. It was not very busy, and I expect the airiness from the continuous walls of glass would help when there are more visitors.

So off we went again, up the concourse and back towards the Wing, since my flight was leaving from gate 3:

The Wing’s entrance was on the same level as the gate:

There was already a line up for this almost full flight by the time we got there:

The J queue was also forming:

My ride for the next 14-ish hours:

J pax ready for boarding:

All quite orderly really:

Next up: on board

Last edited by Capricorn70; Dec 17, 13 at 11:42 am