FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPR hours, waitlist question
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 13, 3:35 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by lohwj View Post
If I understand you're question correctly, ideally, you'd like to be on the waitlist for JFK-SIN, but ran out of miles after booking LAX-SIN?

If so, doing it the other way round would have been better. i.e, put yourself on the waitlist first for JFK-SIN. They don't deduct miles when on the waitlist, the system just checks that you have enough. THEN book the LAX-SIN ticket, which they will then deduct your miles. Your waitlist is still valid.

If the waitlist comes through, call Krisflyer immediately, cancel the LAX-SIN ticket (and pay the cancellation charge.) You HAVE to tell them to re-credit the miles ASAP, and they'll do so in 3-4 hours in my experience. Then confirm the waitlisted ticket with the re-credited miles..
Excellent. Surprised I didn't think of this. Alas, westbound schedule to DPS works out better than transiting via FRA as I'll be able to make lunch with the family. Plus a quick layover for curry in NRT. So I'm pleased with the schedule as long as UA or AA doesn't drop the ball getting me to LAX (separate PNRs, yikes). Your advice is very helpful, I appreciate the input.

Sincerely, Jamie