FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:17 am
teme

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I hope it's ok to tag onto this thread from earlier this year.

Here are my choices for an upcoming HEL-JFK. I wonder which reindeer option is better. :

MAIN COURSES
Lunch
Option 1
Pan seared Arctic char in white wine sauce, roasted black salsify and Lappish almond potatoes*
Option 2
Pan fried reindeer fillet in game sauce, mushroom ravioli and fried ceps*
Option 3
Tortellini filled with mascarpone cheese and sun dried tomatoes

WHEN DEPARTING FROM HELSINKI, YOU CAN ALSO ORDER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MAIN COURSES:

Food Lover´s Treat
Herb seasoned bratwurst sausages
- Roasted potatoes and onions with fresh tomatoes
Chef´s Gourmet
Roasted fillet of reindeer with ale-cranberry sauce
- Potato gratin
- Grilled vegetables
Wellness and Energy
Grilled chili marinated prawns with cashew nuts
- Jasmine rice
- Fresh vegetables
I thought I share with you what happened on my flight to New York last week. I had pre-ordered the reindeer/ravioli meal (option 2). When onboard, I received a pork dish instead. When enquired my reindeer dish, the flight attendant went trough all the owens but no reindeer dish could be found.

What had happened was that the menu had just changed and was now Tomi Björck's Asian style menu instead of Pekka Terävä's scandinavian menu. Strange is that the preorder system still showed the old menu for my flight when I did the preorder 2 days prior the trip. As it was simply named option 2, I got the second meal from the new menu. So, some room for improvement still exists.

By the way, the "Char siew pork, marinated in a dark sweet and spicy sauce, slowly roasted in oven and garnished with cucumber, cashew nuts and sesame, steamed rice" accompanied with the "Salmon sashimi in yuzu truffke sauce" starter was one of the tastiest meals I've had onboard Finnair.