FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles {Archive}
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:31 pm
arcticbull

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Exactly, and there are examples where it's been booked in the middle. My comment was simply to relate that agents refuse to book o/js at all points of itins for spurious reasons.
Ah gotcha. Definitely.

This was a better writeup but still (possibly) doesn't explain the itins which have an open jaw through regions.
Hmm. What I was trying to say is that both ends of the open jaw need to be in the same award region. So if you're flying SFO-ICN then your return leg needs to be somewhere in North America for it to be considered a valid open jaw.

Huh?
In my example SFO-ICN-LHR, SFO was one side of the open jaw, ICN was the destination, and LHR was the other side of the open jaw (instead of SFO which would have made it a round trip).

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
As long as LH and NH don't pull back space like SQ has...
So those two charge fuel surcharges. I'd almost say it's in their best interests to never hide a bookable flight from which they'd earn the YQ revenue. Whereas United has an incentive to hide or make difficult redemptions with a high reimbursement rate, airlines that earn YQ revenue don't really.

[edit] Sorry I misunderstood your statement. Those partner awards have gotten so points-expensive that I don't really see any value in the new UA chart anymore :| except for South Asia to Australia in the region that overlaps the US North Asia chart for the next few months. Then I dunno. Maybe UR->KE? Guess it's on to the next.

Last edited by arcticbull; Dec 16, 2013 at 6:41 pm Reason: merge/off-topic