FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:39 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Regarding the info re KE not doing long sells, I'm not sure if this is useful information now but I booked two J tickets on KE from JFK - ICN (layover) - SIN - OJ - HKT - ICN (overnight stay) - JFK in September 2012. I remember I was constantly looking for J tix on a KE A380 out of JFK and I think it was only 3 days before I left that it turns out that an agent had put in a request for two seats which cleared for a flight to leave in 2 days. I had no idea and it was a good thing I was checking everyday and calling everyday because the agent was confused why I was looking for tickets when I was schedule to leave in two days. Needless to say my then fiance and I had a hell of a two days packing for our trip/honeymoon (our wedding was in Korea).

Anyway, at the time I didn't know what a long sell was but I'm thinking that this had to be a long sell. Any thoughts on this?
Can you elaborate what you mean by put in request?