FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:00 am
EugeniusF

Originally Posted by relangford
My Barclays US Mastercard doesn't say anything about 10k anniversary miles (and I had to pay the first year's $89 fee). All it says is the 10k conversion to Perferred Miles, but I won't make that spending amount. Are there different benefits depending upon when you got the card?
I'm in the same boat. I applied for my first US-BMC on a flight back from ThxGvng. Subsequently received the card in Dec 2012 along with 40K miles, $99 companion, zone 2, etc. I don't think there was mention of a 10K anniversary bonus but I'm hoping I'll see something this month before I close it down. Also, just applied for my 2nd US-BMC last night and received instant approval (12 months from my first app).

Unfortunately, I did the 40K again because I didn't catch the 35K link (w/ waived fee) on this thread. When i called BMC to ask if I could switch to the other incentive program, the response was "no" but they did tell me to call back after the $89 fee posts and they may remove it. I also applied for the CitiAA MC last night and was approved for that. 50K miles, zone 1 boarding, first free bag blows BMC out of the water. My understanding is that while Citi will likely continue as the AA bank and BC will probably go away, the miles we have will not be lost and when they eventually merge the freq flyer programs in 2015, we retain all the miles.

Now is def the time to scoop up a BMC. If the companion ticket benefits go away this year, at least you got 40K miles for $89. Not a bad price to pay for a free ticket somewhere.