FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express AX Centurion Lounge at SFO & IAH (IAH Opened Jun 24, 2016 @ Term D)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:14 pm
monserco1

Programs: UA Plat, Avis First
American Express AX Centurion Lounge at SFO & IAH (IAH Opened Jun 24, 2016 @ Term D)

Visiting the Centurion Lounge in Vegas over the weekend led me to seriously think about allowing my United Club membership to expire.

Benefits there include complimentary buffet, drinks, wifi, updated lounge spaces, conference rooms, shower suite, clean bathrooms, even a spa in DFW! Entrance is free for Amex Platinum members who pay $495 a year for lounge access, priority pass select access and a whole litany of other perks.

Compare that to United Club that offers small snacks, limited complimentary bar, wifi - all for approximately the same price but without other travel perks.

A friend cheekily tweeted UA to see if they thought they should keep their United Club membership given they are based out of SFO and Amex will be opening a new lounge in the United terminal. Here is what they wrote: "We think so: complimentary internet access, agent assistance, conference rooms, and more."

I'm curious what you all think about their (generic IMO) response and if anyone else is leaving their membership behind. And overall, how do we get United to stop being so complacent and be an innovator instead???

Last edited by J.Edward; Jul 20, 2015 at 2:16 pm Reason: update title