Old Dec 11, 13, 12:03 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Originally Posted by abracadaver View Post
Hey All,

Looking for recommendations for an SPG property in DC. I'll be here Monday - Thurs for the next year . My office is right near Union Station.

Looks like I can choose from the Westin, Four Points, or Fairfax. Maybe there's something else out there I'm just missing.

Thanks for the input!
Well, Four Points and the downtown Westin are closer to Union Station, but the "Georgetown" Westin and the Fairfax are nicer by a considerable margin.

There's a St. Regis on 16th & K, not the greatest St. Regis but in my opinion still nicer than the other properties. There's also a W on 15th & F, and it's not as "W" as others (i.e. the staff are friendly), but I've only stayed in the nice corner suites, I imagine the regular rooms are tiny.

Conclusion: if I were going to be at any of the Fairfax, Westin Georgetown, St. Regis, or W for 3-4 nights a week every week, I'd be contacting the hotels to strike a deal on a decent room if possible. And assuming prices are where they normally are but all else is equal, I'd probably go with the Fairfax.