FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Indigo acquires Frontier
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:28 pm
Daze

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
So many folks are treating Frontier like it has already become Spirit, or worse. I think these folks who dispense the vitriol are either Kettles who carry on steamer trunks, or business people who carry on a questionable stuffed 24 inch roller bag, big computer bag, and a purse or messenger bag.
Since I do not fit in either of these categories, at the risk of being flamed, I applaud F9 trying to reduce carry ons and speed the boarding. The wisdom and effect on profitable market share of that decision remains to be seen, but the airline is making money, which it wasn't before.

As an Ascent, I remain satisfied with F9. Compared to the never ending drama at UA and UX, F9 is still a better choice for me. And the fact that F9 doesn't go to some smaller destinations means I keep taking a few UX flights and see that they are not getting any better either.

F9 has NO RJ's. Every seat is a good one on an Airbus. So I pay for the video. Some days I want it, some days I don't. I almost always get Stretch Seating day of travel. Even if I didn't have status, the price of Stretch is less than that of E+ on UA. For those who say that a F seat on a UX CR7 with a snack box and booze if the FA feels like it that day is better, I disagree. And not only are there more and more RJ's at DEN on UA/UX, there are about 6 CR7's and 8 Devil's Chariots to every E170, so arguing that E170's are OK doesn't have validity at DEN. While F9 has reduced the number of flights in many markets, there are enough to make it work for me. What's worse, 2 A319s a day DEN-MCI or 4 Q400's a day DEN-MCI on UX? WN is a fail for me since they have no seat assignments, and they operate out of concourse C at DEN, much more inconvenient than concourse A for F9.

While it is possible, and maybe even probable that F9 will get worse for any number of reasons, most of it is still in the speculation phase, and for me F9 has not reached the point of considering a change of carriers.

Daze