FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever been declared an unruly passenger? (compensation question)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:58 pm
phatonycmu

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tomj888
A few years back I ran into a FA who took umbrage with me over seating. On a return trip from HNL-LAX on a 757-300. We are a family of 5. Kids were 10,7&5 at the time. Wife and I had seats in row 7.
Kids behind us in row 8. We had the same seats on outbound. No worries, no problems, no hassles. All my kids are at least silver. My oldest is a gold. On the return the FA made us give up our seats and then due to the full flight separated my wife and me. I blew a gasket, I was wrong to do that, I spoke to the purser and captain to no avail. Bottom line, we are just passengers and sometimes [stuff] happens. I did write UA customer service, explaining the situation in detail. Got an apology and a $250 voucher.
Agreed. I was planning to apologize for my choice of words on the way out, but I didn't see the particular attendant in question. I'm only assuming that is part of the protocol in these situations. Bummer all around.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 10, 2013 at 4:53 am Reason: removed profanity from quote