FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Vanilla Reload: Alternate Form of Payment Required?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:57 pm
Guzmanatm

Originally Posted by roneyc
I sure hope you didn't get any of the clerks on other shifts in trouble. I think it has been said many, many times on the forum. You can be right or you can continue to play the game, but usually not both. I am down to only 2 CVS stores that continue to take cc's and then only on specific shifts. When I see the Middle Eastern mgr is manning the registers I just turn around and leave. I come back when my two favorite gals are there and they know what I am doing. Sunday morning there was a substitute, so I attempted my 1k VR purchase and she automatically said "cash only". I gently pressed with "would you try it?" She was surprised when it went through and said she learned something. That's as much pushback as I'm ever going to attempt, lest I lose my last 2 stores.
Quite frankly I'm a bit of a n00b at this but I've been reading a lot. I didn't want to rock the boat, so when the manager (who happens to be Middle Eastern) said it was from above I just nodded and walked out. Interestingly, a different mgr rang me up a few weeks ago for 1k VR and aside from a bit of scrutiny due to my card not being signed on the back everything was smooth.
Anyways, I went back today to test the waters with $500 VR and it was quick and painless, but I certainly don't want to get anyone fired over this. . .

EDIT// To avoid any confusion the person who denied my previous attempt was not a 'manager' they were a 'shift supervisor', at least according to the name badge.

Last edited by Guzmanatm; Dec 9, 2013 at 4:22 pm Reason: Clarification