FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Vanilla Reload: Alternate Form of Payment Required?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 pm
roneyc

Originally Posted by Guzmanatm
I was flat out denied purchasing Vanilla Reload w/ CC by the manager. They said it was 'cash only'. I told the manager that I've purchased before at that very store as recently as a week ago, but they said it should not have been allowed and that the Point of Sales clerk is risking their job by selling them to purchase with a CC. When I pressed the manager on the issue I was told that it was an order from above that any prepaid cards described as 'reloads' must be purchased with cash only. This happened yesterday afternoon - I'm going back again today and hopefully a different group will be working.
I sure hope you didn't get any of the clerks on other shifts in trouble. I think it has been said many, many times on the forum. You can be right or you can continue to play the game, but usually not both. I am down to only 2 CVS stores that continue to take cc's and then only on specific shifts. When I see the Middle Eastern mgr is manning the registers I just turn around and leave. I come back when my two favorite gals are there and they know what I am doing. Sunday morning there was a substitute, so I attempted my 1k VR purchase and she automatically said "cash only". I gently pressed with "would you try it?" She was surprised when it went through and said she learned something. That's as much pushback as I'm ever going to attempt, lest I lose my last 2 stores.