FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:02 am
boboqui

Originally Posted by boboqui
I submitted a Best Rate Guarantee claim for the first time. I hope it works out or I'm out of $100 as the reservation is non-cancellable...
This was my first time doing the BRG and I mistakenly thought I had to select the lowest rate, so I booked the non-refundable rate instead of the flexible rate, and after spending an anxious day yesterday, I'm breathing a little easier today, I think I'm out of the woods... But what a horrible experience this has been!

To: <boboqui>
Subject: Best Price Guarantee - Reference No.
Date: Mon 12/09/13 2:44 AM
Dear Boboqui,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the Holiday Inn Lugano Centre. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We have verified the lower rate you found on www.booking.com. We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a FREE night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail once this has been confirmed.

Please be reminded that:

The credit card on file should be approved when the hotel attempts to make the charge or adjustment. In the event of a failure transaction or declined credit card, the free night and rate adjustment will no longer be honored pursuant to the Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.
A “stay” (for purposes of the Guarantee) may be one night; consecutive nights at the same hotel location, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out; or two or more nights, even if non-consecutive, in the same seven (7) day period at the same hotel location.
“Within fifty (50) miles” means within fifty (50) miles when seeking directions between locations on Google Maps. Guests are only able to claim one (1) free night per stay at an IHG hotel globally, regardless of location.
In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid.
Changes to the reservation such as number of adults, length of stay, dates of stay, type of room and such are not allowed and would mean the forfeiture of your free night.
A valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation for the free night to be honored.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via e-mail [email protected].

Sincerely,

XXX
Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG

Email: [email protected]
www.ihg.com/bestprice

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 16, 2013 at 10:04 pm Reason: edited name of employee out of post