FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa to spin off Miles&More into a new independent company with WorldShop
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 pm
Bernie2012

Programs: LH SEN*2
Originally Posted by econprof
So... they don't want me (flying in Y, but spending upwards of EUR 10,000 a year) to retain my SEN status, but they want to sell miles companies to give incentives to people who never fly, so they can redeem their miles in the World Shop?

Am I understanding this correctly? The car-rental customer is worth more to Lufthansa than I am??
Thank you for the translation and sorry for being faster

I mean it is obvious, the earning of miles and "status" is more and more tied to real hard profits, that means over the next years you will see the numbers shift further from 18 million "not-very-frequent travelers" in proportion to ?2+? million frequent travelers as many more lose their status and will then just stock another piece of scrap plastic at home or in their wallet. To give some benefits (and revenues) to those 18+ million guys and gals who are stupid enough to have a worthless piece of plastic, they want to exploit that data base for other sources of income.

But not with me. If 18 million people are st*pid enough to have a worthless piece of plastic, why should I get penalized for that? (OK, this card in blue is not send every year or two years, but....)

I mean, I am also not collecting customer cards from every f-ing gas station, plumber or bakery around.

I hope they will offer an alternative to that...