FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWS blows PHL forecast -- heavy snow today (Sunday 12/08/2013)
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:15 pm
JenniferNAz

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I have been sitting in the club at PHL since 1030am. I was supposed to go out at 1145, all looked good, but then weather in DFW cancelled the flight. I was able to get on another flight later today to SAT, but it has really been coming down.

For a while you couldn't see the runway, or even more than 3 planes out from the club window. It does seem to be smaller flakes now, or maybe it is just wishful thinking!

At least the inbound from NAS did take off a few minutes ago, so my plane is on the way here.

I have never been looking forward to a flight on a smaller plane (for nearly 4 hours) than I have today. I really don't want to be stuck in PHL!

Update from C Club at 4pm - not currently snowing, plows are clearing taxiways. My inbound scheduled to land any minute, and it is a E190. Looks like some planes lining up to take off, all US Airways that I can see.

Last edited by JenniferNAz; Dec 8, 2013 at 2:04 pm