FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Member Roll Call!
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:50 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by cheapchap26
Hello all!

I was recently searching ways to build up travel miles, points and such and found my way to Flyertalk. My wife and I enjoy traveling and are actually planning a one year traveling/backpacking trip starting this summer in June and that got us thinking about how we travel and how we could do better.

Our goal is to learn the travel ins and outs so we can save money and keep traveling longer.

Basically, we have no idea how to be travel savvy and are looking forward to learning from all of you.

We do not belong to any groups or have any travel oriented credit cards or anything like that. So any advice on those topics would be much appreciated. Oh and we travel internationally a lot more than domestically if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk cheapchap26 and nice handle

There are thousands of threads to decipher based on your travel goals- but stopping by the stickies are a quick way to narrow down to a more narrow range to start. Do you have any programs you've been parking miles with? If so stop by those forums to see how you can maximize what you have. Once there- you can see if any other programs yield more on your investment