FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MERGER: US and AA Dec 9 2013 implications for AA flyers (new)
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:36 am
fastflyer

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by former230
As an MCI based flier, one of the positives from this merger are that I should be able to get direct flights to places other than DFW or ORD.

Finally!!

For those other MCI AA'ers, I spoke with some airport insiders who indicated that US/AA will be moving to the end of the C terminal (opposite end that United resides) and that ultimately Frontier will be taking over their current gates (76-79)

I am optimistic that this new space will be much larger to accommodate the newly merged airline.
Are the high C gates (85-90) reconfigured for TSA? I haven't been down there in years. I would have hoped that post-merger, AA would re-open the MCI Admirals Club (the room is "open seating" currently) with the doubling of traffic at this spoke. If they move, a new club would have to be built. Or maybe they could re-open the ancient club upstairs on the mezzanine.

It would be easier to move Frontier to C-90 rather than relocate all of AA's existing hardware.