FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA A380 to HKG in PE/Y, IB Y/BA CE, Cheung Chau, MAD IB/CX Lounges and.... an FT Do!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:27 pm
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

So after wandering about Kowloon for the day it was time to go back to the Hotel, pick up my case etc. and then I got a taxi from there to HKG Station where I would jump on the Airport Express. Just as I arrived one was waiting and out came my pass and “RED” showing at the barriers! Now there was plenty of time and to be honest I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t letting me through but as it turned out when I bought my pass it was from HKG-KOWLOON return as I was going back from a earlier stop on my return I had to pay the difference of an additional station which was $5 HKD iirc. Very quickly sorted and I just made it on the train which was fairly empty.

Now I hadn’t printed my own BP and when I arrived at the Airport about 3 hours and 45 minutes before the flight the BA desks were already open but there were hardly any passengers there. The Business and First Class desks were open and as I was waiting in the Business line with only a couple in front of me already being served at the desk the very nice young lady at the F check in beckoned me over. La, la, la BP was printed BUT………..AAGGHH! my BP was showing Bronze (OW Ruby) despite making BA Silver (OW Sapphire) on the way out nearly a week ago.

ba.com was showing Silver status on my phone and the internet when I showed them. Apparently they could see I had 675 Tier Points (600 qualifies for BA Silver) but they had a lot of difficulty in getting my BP to show Silver which somehow they managed to overwrite.

I won’t bore you with all the details but 80-90 minutes later after much flaffing about including a call to the UK to confirm I was indeed now a BA Silver (OW Sapphire), calling the Lounges, a BA manager taking it over, all was sorted but it really impacted upon my time using the Lounges. Anyhow here is a small review of the CX new lounge.

Coming back out the Lounge and going to the other area (IT Zone, Showers etc.)

Back to the centre area and walking past here to the IT area etc.

Last edited by PETER01; Dec 2, 2013 at 3:55 pm