FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MERGER: US and AA Dec 9 2013 implications for AA flyers (new)
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:15 am
imapilotaz

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
January 7 has been bantered about (by Kirby himself) as the date of Frequent Flyer combination, in some way (no idea if it just means redemption on eachother, or reciprocal elite benefits, etc).

But it is 100% guaranteed that if you fly on US in 2014 when they finally merge the Frequent Flyer programs (assuming it happens in 2014), your AA & US numbers will merge.

I'm in the same boat having to visit a client that only has US/DL... and apparently its verboten to fly into the competing airport when your client is an airport...LOL. I'm guessing I get to experience US for the first time in 6 years, when I was an US Express employee.

Originally Posted by BrianV

That said, I need to go to Utah in February and AA wants $700 for AUS-SLC when every other carrier is < $400. I'm debating buying a USAir ticket and being hopeful that by time I fly there will be some reciprocal AAdvantage program or at minimum my EQM on US Air would ultimately help for my 2014 qualification. Does anyone have a gut feel on that? I heard some rumor that in early 2014 they were going to start merging the FF programs, and I recall when UAL and CO first merged, my friends were able to collect mileage on both programs and then later they got consolidated together, etc.