FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:06 pm
funtrainsf

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Currently on property (look for beached whale by the pool).

First impressions:

Entry and lobby are grand and beautiful. Having the lobby on the 5th floor and being able to look down to the infinity pools and beach is awesome. I loved the casual checkin process where u relax on the comfortable couches enjoying the view while an employee uses an ipad to check you in. Great start.

Underwhelming room! Using Diamond suite award or upgrade gets u partial ocean view. Like someone said, it's the lower floor suites. We got room 140 (Andaz Suite) which only thanks to being 6'5" can I see the ocean; because the room is at the height of the villas between the hotel and beach. I can barely see over the villas. I asked for a higher floor but they were booked in those rooms, so they say. They did say they would be able to change me the second night (currently waiting on the call). The room itself is nice, but not "wowing". I like the high tech stuff (ipad, lights, shades, toilet) but this day and age that is just where everything is going.

Staff is awesome. Always making sure you are ok.

Breakfast buffet at Ka'ana Kitchen is EXCELLENT! Best freebie ever. Feel guilty.....almost. Had lunch at the pool bar yesterday and loved it. Food so far is fabulous, maybe slightly overpriced.

Went off site for dinner to a nice bistro in Kihei, 808 Bistro. Reasonable priced local food with byob.

So far so good, just don't like room. Also, overcast days lately.

Feel free to ask questions.